UKLVC is a biennial conference that showcases international research on language variation and change, sociolinguistics, and dialectology, as well as applications of these branches of linguistics to a variety of different fields. We seek to foster diversity in theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of language variation in all of its forms and across a wide range of linguistic and cultural contexts.
About the University of Glasgow
The UKLVC13 conference will take place online, hosted by the University of Glasgow on Zoom. Language variation and change is at the centre of research in English Language and Linguistics at Glasgow, with academic staff having directed projects such as the Scottish Syntax Atlas (SCOSYA), Sounds of the City and the Scottish Corpus of Texts and Speech (SCOTS).
Previous UKLVC Conferences
- UKLVC12 2019 Queen Mary University and University College London
- UKLVC11 2017 Cardiff University / Prifysgol Caerdydd
- UKLVC10 2015 University of York
- UKLVC9 2013 University of Sheffield
- UKLVC8 2011 Edge Hill University
- UKLVC7 2009 Newcastle University
- UKLVC6 2007 University of Lancaster
- UKLVC5 2005 University of Aberdeen
- UKLVC4 2003 University of Sheffield
- UKLVC3 2001 University of York
- UKLVC2 2000 University of Essex (VIEW – Variation Is EveryWhere)
- UKLVC1 1997 University of Reading (Language Variation Workshop)
Follow us on Twitter for news and updates about UKLVC13!